Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and manipulating images, part of Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver CC 2015.
- View Offline
- When it comes to adding images,…you can use the Extract panel and load up a PSD…and literally just drag elements over,…that's one way to do things.…Then you also have the Insert panel right up here,…Insert Image…and you define where you wanna insert it…and you can drop it in.…As you can see, I actually already have…all of images squared away,…I even have my logo right here…but let's take a look at something…maybe a little bit more complex.…That's adding an image to the background.…Notice as I click on that background,…it highlights this body tag.…
Let's go into the CSS Designer panel…and just take a peek at all the different selectors.…There it is, there's the body tag.…That's what I want to happen,…I want that background to cover…that whole body tag.…With that selected,…all I need to do is jump down in the Properties panel…to the background.…Right down here, here's the background.…Sure, I can give it a color…but at this point…I want to actually browse to an image…that I already have created.…
Here's the images…and I'm gonna select bkgdHome.jpg.…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website