Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding links, part of Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver CC 2015.
- View Offline
- What really make the World Wide Web powerful…is that it's all linked together, right?…It's a network of computers basically.…And how do we connect things?…Well it's typically, at it's very basic level,…done through links.…So that's what I want to do now.…In fact, right down here, starting with something simple,…right down here you an see my name, Paul Trani,…and I want to link my name to my website.…So notice as I highlight it, and keep in mind…you might have to click twice in Live View…until you see this orange border around it…and that will give you these Formatting options…and the last one here is Hyperlink.…
So just select that and type in the URL you want…this particular text to go to.…In this case it's going to www.paultrani.com, T-R-A-N-I.com.…Hit enter, just like that.…And what's going on if I go into Split View,…you can see it right here.…It's added this <a href right there, OK.…So that's all I need to do.…In fact I can go ahead and Save All my pages…and I can preview it a couple ways.…Let's go back to Live View.…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website