Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a lightbox plug-in for jQuery , part of Create an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver.
- View Offline
At this point, we are ready to add in a lightbox functionality.…So the one I really like and I've included in the exercise files is Fancybox.…To learn more about Fancybox, you can visit their web site, fancybox.net.…You can download the latest copy of this particular plug-in, and this works…exactly the same way as the preload works, where we hook in our files and…then we simply can make calls called Fancybox just like regular functions inside of jQuery.…So I am going to take the Fancybox folder in the includes directory from…Exercise Files and we are going to move this over into our project.…
Download a copy of the finished web site here.
- Preparing gallery photos using Adobe Bridge
- Adding and linking thumbnail images
- Creating the layout in HTML and CSS
- Downloading and adding jQuery to the project
- Creating preview images from anchor links
- Implementing the preload functionality
- Building a customized lightbox with the Fancybox plug-in
- Styling the zoom and contact links