Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding jQuery UI accordion panels, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8 Essential Training.
…Dreamweaver has a good number of layout power tools built…right in, many of which rely on the jQuery framework.…Putting them in a standard Dreamweaver page is pretty much point and click.…Adding them to a WordPress page takes a…wee bit more work, but it's definitely doable.…In this lesson, I'll show you how to…add a jQuery accordion panel to a WordPress page.…So we're going to create a new page template to work with.…And to do that I'm going to expand my panel.…
And duplicate index.php. And…then I'll rename that to events.php. Now, open…up events and in code view, put in my template code up top.…Which you'll recall is in a PHP comment…with the keyword Template Name.…And here, the name's going to be, Events. I'll save that.…And now let's go to WordPress, and add a new page…that will use this events template. So I'll go to Pages>Add New.…
Now this is going to be all about homecoming at the Roux Academy.…So, I'm going to say, Homecoming is almost here!…I'll put in just a little bit of sample text here, that we can supply later.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Author update on April 4, 2014:
WordPress 3.8.2 is now available from wordpress.org. The update focuses on security issues and should not impact this course in any way. A much bigger release, 3.9, is currently a release candidate and will likely go live later in April. I'm currently evaluating what impact v3.9 will have on this course.
Building Themes with Dreamweaver and WordPresswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.