Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding header images, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…At this stage, we have the core navigation elements in place,…so let's move on to the images that are in the header.…In this lesson we'll cover how to deal with background images in WordPress.…And we'll also include some valuable techniques in troubleshooting your CSS.…So let's start with the logo. Looking at my blog comp I'm going to enter…into inspect mode. And if I scroll over the header here and…if I click down I see that it's blog header is a class.…
And if I look at the background just to be sure and it does have a background image.…That's not the logo.…That's the header that goes across, we want to concentrate on the logo again.…So, let me do another inspect, and I'll move over closer to the logo.…Alright well, it looks like…it's part of this page one header here, let me…just move up a little bit, yeah that's it right there.…Page header H1.…And again, let's go to background, RA logo.ping. Excellent.…
So, I'm going to go to Code,…and here's my Header Styles section.…So, I'm going to go ahead and copy this first one page, Header H1 as well as the…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.