Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Add extra pages, part of Dreamweaver CC: Responsive Design with Bootstrap 4.
- [Instructor] We've completed the design of the home page…but unless you're building a one page site,…the question now arises of how to create…the remaining pages in a Bootstrap site.…If each page has a very similar layout…the simple solution is to make a copy of the page…and treat the text and images as placeholders,…but the home page of most sites uses…a different layout from the rest of the site.…So let's see how to add a blank page…and start editing it.…So we go to the File menu, New.…
New document, document type HTML,…and then the Bootstrap tab.…Dreamweaver has already detected that we've got…a copy of the Bootstrap style sheet in our site,…so it suggests for Bootstrap CSS to use…the existing one and it lists it here.…But we also need to attach our own custom style sheet.…So click that link alongside attach CSS,…then click the Browse button,…make sure you're in the correct site root,…go to the CSS folder and then select…your custom style sheet.…
In this case it's yosemite.CSS.…Then click OK and OK again.…So it's now listed here and it will be attached…
- Defining a layout grid
- Inserting and modifying a navigation bar
- Adding a container for the page content
- Inserting a responsive image
- Resizing and duplicating columns
- Inserting fixed-size images
- Inserting cards
- Editing a carousel
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Bootstrap 4 Essential Trainingwith Ray Villalobos5h 57m Beginner
What you should know1m 46s
1. Get Started
2. Create the Site Navigation
3. Add a Hero Image
4. Work with Rows and Columns
5. Edit Bootstrap Components
6. Complete the Design
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.