Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Add color, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] In this lesson, we'll add color to our mockup…based on our mood board.…To use the colors from the mood board,…we could take a screenshot,…paste it into the mockup file and sample from that layer,…or if the mood board was made in Photoshop…like this one was, we can actually duplicate…an entire group containing the color swatches.…For instance, here, if we right-click…on the Color Bars folder layer,…we can choose Duplicate Group…and then select the destination document.…Now we're ready to block out some of the colors.…
Starting at the top, let's add color to the nav bar…inside the Logo & Navbar group layer.…We can use our rectangular marquee tool…to select the nav bar area delineated by the guides.…We can then click on this cookie button…and choose Solid Color to fill with the desired color,…like this gray from our mood board.…Then we can drag that Color Fill layer…beneath the text layer.…For now, we'll leave the font attributes as they are…and continue blocking out color for the rest of the layout.…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.