Managing CSS in Dreamweaver
Managing CSS in Dreamweaver with James Williamson shows how to create cascading style sheets that are efficient, reusable, and easy to navigate. In this course, James shares tips on how to find and use panels and tools, and how to deploy style sheets to screen, print, and mobile environments. Course topics include creating customized starter pages, learning to rapidly hand-code CSS through using Snippets, and using Dreamweaver's CSS preferences to deploy lightweight styles. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Building a CSS-friendly workspace in Dreamweaver
- Creating style sheets visually
- Hand-coding styles
- Working with code hinting
- Organizing style sheets with color coding and sections
- Writing global classes
- Eliminating style conflicts
- Deploying styles
- Dealing with browser compatibility issues
- Hello, and welcome to Dreamweaver CS5, Managing CSS. My name is James Williamson. I'm a senior author at Lynda.com and an Adobe certified instructor. In this course, I want to dive a little deeper into the creation and management of CSS within Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is one of the most powerful web design and development programs on the market and has some of the most complete and compelling CSS tools available. In this course, we'll focus on how to build an environment in Dreamweaver more conducive to creating CSS, how to streamline the process of creating styles, and explore using powerful tools like Snippets to rapidly build external styles.
We'll also focus on organizing styles with tips on ways to make your style sheets easier to work with, eliminate style conflicts, and building style guides to give yourself and your clients a quick overview of your site's styles. Finally, we'll discuss deploying your styles, examine creating print style sheets, and discuss how we can deal with browser compatibility issues without creating a mess of your existing styles. Now, that's a lot to cover, so let's get started with Dreamweaver CS5, Managing CSS.
Site Navigation with CSS in Dreamweaver318,882 Views
Layouts with CSS in Dreamweaver297,372 Views
Dreamweaver CS5.5 New Features79,382 Views
Dreamweaver CS6 New Features93,981 Views
Create Navigation Menus with jQuery and Dreamweaver84,351 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,259,922 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views