Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Web and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Building a CSS-friendly workspace in Dreamweaver
- Creating style sheets visually
- Hand-coding styles
- Working with code hinting
- Organizing style sheets with color coding and sections
- Writing global classes
- Eliminating style conflicts
- Deploying styles
- Dealing with browser compatibility issues
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hello, and welcome to Dreamweaver CS5, Managing CSS. My name is James Williamson. I'm a senior author at Lynda.com and an Adobe certified instructor. In this course, I want to dive a little deeper into the creation and management of CSS within Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is one of the most powerful web design and development programs on the market and has some of the most complete and compelling CSS tools available. In this course, we'll focus on how to build an environment in Dreamweaver more conducive to creating CSS, how to streamline the process of creating styles, and explore using powerful tools like Snippets to rapidly build external styles.
We'll also focus on organizing styles with tips on ways to make your style sheets easier to work with, eliminate style conflicts, and building style guides to give yourself and your clients a quick overview of your site's styles. Finally, we'll discuss deploying your styles, examine creating print style sheets, and discuss how we can deal with browser compatibility issues without creating a mess of your existing styles. Now, that's a lot to cover, so let's get started with Dreamweaver CS5, Managing CSS.