Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Web and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Modifying type in the CSS Styles panel
- Understanding the different type measurement unit options
- Allowing users to set page type size
- Employing web-safe fonts
- Exploring CSS 3 typeface options
- Setting up @font-face
- Applying color and transparency to type
- Styling the font weight, case, and letter spacing
- Inserting drop caps
- Rotating text with CSS transform
- Laying out text in multiple columns
- Incorporating ordered and unordered lists
- Targeting lists items with the nth-child selector
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, Joe Lowery here to welcome you to Typography with CSS in Dreamweaver. Typography is arguably the single most important aspect of the web, without type there are literally no words, and without CSS text can only be minimally styled. This course begins with a quick review of Dreamweaver's text and CSS centric tools, which we'll be using throughout the lesson. Then we'll begin to dive deep into key typographic concepts, size, color, styles, and fonts, especially the new web font technology.
Next we'll explore text structure starting with the proper use of headings and paragraphs and moving onto sophisticated HTML5 headings and CSS3 multiple columns with a peak into the future of type handling CSS regions. This course will also cover CSS text effects including advanced affects such as drop shadows, gradients, and rotation. Finally, I'll show you how to make the most of lists from straight forward ordered lists to highly styled bulleted lists as well as targeting your styles with advanced CSS3 selectors.
Dreamweaver offers an excellent gateway to the world of online typography, let's get on it.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.