Typography with CSS in Dreamweaver
Dive deep into key typographic concepts and learn how to manipulate type in Dreamweaver. Author Joseph Lowery introduces Dreamweaver type tools and shows how to perform basic text modifications, establish the appropriate type unit, integrate custom web fonts, and apply drop shadows, gradients, and other effects. The course also provides in-depth tutorials on structuring text with headings, paragraphs, columns, and lists, and offers a preview of Adobe's proposed CSS Regions.
- Modifying type in the CSS Styles panel
- Understanding the different type measurement unit options
- Allowing users to set page type size
- Employing web-safe fonts
- Exploring CSS 3 typeface options
- Setting up @font-face
- Applying color and transparency to type
- Styling the font weight, case, and letter spacing
- Inserting drop caps
- Rotating text with CSS transform
- Laying out text in multiple columns
- Incorporating ordered and unordered lists
- Targeting lists items with the nth-child selector
- [Voiceover] Hi, Joe Lowery here to welcome you to Typography with CSS in Dreamweaver. Typography is arguably the single most important aspect of the web, without type there are literally no words, and without CSS text can only be minimally styled. This course begins with a quick review of Dreamweaver's text and CSS centric tools, which we'll be using throughout the lesson. Then we'll begin to dive deep into key typographic concepts, size, color, styles, and fonts, especially the new web font technology.
Next we'll explore text structure starting with the proper use of headings and paragraphs and moving onto sophisticated HTML5 headings and CSS3 multiple columns with a peak into the future of type handling CSS regions. This course will also cover CSS text effects including advanced affects such as drop shadows, gradients, and rotation. Finally, I'll show you how to make the most of lists from straight forward ordered lists to highly styled bulleted lists as well as targeting your styles with advanced CSS3 selectors.
Dreamweaver offers an excellent gateway to the world of online typography, let's get on it.
After Effects CS5.5 New Features72,056 Views
FileMaker Pro 7 Essential Training131,471 Views
Create an Interactive Map with jQuery and Dreamweaver88,087 Views
Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features41,184 Views
Dreamweaver CS3 Beyond the Basics875,358 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,271,059 Views
Access 2013 Essential Training2,702,918 Views
Access 2013: Queries in Depth278,396 Views