- View Offline
- Using icons
- Navigating with Spry widgets
- Styling Spry menus
- Working with background images
- Implementing sprites
- Designing navigation with accessibility in mind
- Adding drop-down menus
- Developing graphical navigation with jQuery
- Creating pop-out vertical navigation
- Exploring CSS3 and HTML5 enhancements
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Joe Lowery. Navigation is a critical component of almost every website. Whether your nav menus fly out, or just sit there looking pretty, they need to guide your site visitors to what they're looking for quickly and easily. This course starts by taking a look at the current trends in website navigation so you can get a better idea of what's possible. Then, we'll explore Dreamweaver's navigation solution, built with their own spry framework.
This course will also cover a variety of navigation menu techniques, and go over the step-by-step instruction for crafting both horizontal and vertical navigation bars. Finally, we'll get into some leading edge navigation techniques, including animated image menus, as well as navigation built with HTML5 and CSS3. I'm ready to help you realize your site navigation goals.