- View Offline
- Updating Dreamweaver CS5 to support HTML5
- Developing for mobile devices and tablets
- Understanding enhanced structural tags
- Creating a basic page layout
- Drawing with the canvas tag
- Implementing CSS3 type effects
- Setting up styles
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Joe Lowery, here to welcome you to Dreamweaver CS5: Getting Started with HTML5. HTML5 is an evolutionary leap for web designers. Although it's still in development by the W3C, many features have already been implemented, and more are on the way. You'll see how to use the new video and audio tags for plug-in-free playback, complete with graceful degradation. And what web designer has not been begging for a wider selection of fonts to work with.
The new @font-face option opens the door to a world of typography. You'll also see how to integrate HTML5 tags in a safe, backwards-compatible fashion, so you can apply tomorrow's code today. Ready to jump into HTML5 with Dreamweaver? Let's get going.