Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Smart Format Rules, part of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you've been following along with me in this course,…you've seen just how accurate Dragon NaturallySpeaking…is right out of the box, about 99%.…But there's always room for improvement.…So if you find yourself correcting things…and correcting them over and over again,…there are some tips and tricks in this chapter…for making Dragon more accurate…so you won't have to waste time…making those same corrections moving forward.…And we're gonna start with Smart Formatting.…When you're dictating text, certain things…will be formatted automatically for you.…Could be abbreviating units of measure.…
How about when working with addresses,…dates, and phone numbers for example?…When you correct them, you'll always have an option using…Smart Format to fix them permanently moving forward.…Let's check it out.…I'm using a blank document here,…Microsoft Word for Dictating.…And we're gonna dictate some simple text.…This weight is approximately 10 kilograms, period.…Correct that.…Choose five.…
Choose one.…New line.…This weight is approximately five kilograms, period.…
Viewers also learn how to control the Windows desktop, open and close apps, and work with popular software like Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsers.
- Creating a Dragon profile
- Dictating basic text
- Correcting errors and actions
- Dictating numbers
- Formatting text
- Making revisions
- Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with other programs
- Controlling the mouse and keyboard with Dragon
- Improving Dragon's accuracy
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Dragon
2. Using Dragon to Dictate Text
3. Using Dragon to Work with Text
4. Using Dragon with Popular Programs
5. Navigating with Dragon
Opening and closing apps2m 3s
6. Controlling the Mouse and Keyboard with Dragon
7. Improving Dragon's Accuracy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.