Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using MouseGrid to position the pointer, part of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Well, we know we can use our voice…using Dragon NaturallySpeaking…to position our mouse pointer.…We did that in the previous movie.…There is yet another way,…and that is to use a mouse grid.…By saying, "mouse grid," we open up a grid…over our screen, and then we can start reciting numbers…to position our pointer in the quadrant of our choice.…Once we get there, we can say, "Go" to close up the grid…and then do whatever it is we want to do.…Let's say, for example, we want to bold…the number 120 over here on the right-hand side.…
I'm going to move my mouse pointer up near the top,…and I'm going to use my voice to get there…and give that command.…Here we go.…Mouse grid.…5.…9.…3.…Go.…Mouse double-click.…Click bold.…Turning off the microphone,…so I was able to do exactly what I wanted to do…using the mouse grid, so just keep in mind…when you say, "mouse grid," the grid will appear…over your entire screen.…
You start picking quadrants by reciting the number…of that quadrant, and it allows you to zero in…on the exact location where you want your pointer.…
Viewers also learn how to control the Windows desktop, open and close apps, and work with popular software like Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsers.
- Creating a Dragon profile
- Dictating basic text
- Correcting errors and actions
- Dictating numbers
- Formatting text
- Making revisions
- Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with other programs
- Controlling the mouse and keyboard with Dragon
- Improving Dragon's accuracy
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Dragon
2. Using Dragon to Dictate Text
3. Using Dragon to Work with Text
4. Using Dragon with Popular Programs
5. Navigating with Dragon
Opening and closing apps2m 3s
6. Controlling the Mouse and Keyboard with Dragon
7. Improving Dragon's Accuracy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.