Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Dragon Learning Center, part of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- You may recall when you first opened up…Dragon NaturallySpeaking and your profile is opened up,…the learning center automatically appears.…We closed it up and of course we can…always go back to it.…Well learning center is a nice little tool to have…on your screen when you're new to Dragon NaturallySpeaking.…It'll help remind you of certain ways…to give commands or dictate text.…Let's take a look at it now.…We'll go up to the DragonBar, just hover over it.…Click the help button, gives us the help menu.…And there you'll find Learning Center, give that a click.…
And when Learning Center is opened up on the right-hand side…there's a couple of tabs here, the DragonBar.…You'll see basics is expanded and these are basic commands.…So if we wanted to we could turn on our microphone…and start doing some of these things.…And we will later on.…There's microphone control as well.…So if you wanted to turn off the mic,…you can go to sleep or stop listening, you can wake it up.…Or turn it right off like it is right now…turning it red while using the command microphone off.…
Viewers also learn how to control the Windows desktop, open and close apps, and work with popular software like Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsers.
- Creating a Dragon profile
- Dictating basic text
- Correcting errors and actions
- Dictating numbers
- Formatting text
- Making revisions
- Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with other programs
- Controlling the mouse and keyboard with Dragon
- Improving Dragon's accuracy
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Dragon
2. Using Dragon to Dictate Text
3. Using Dragon to Work with Text
4. Using Dragon with Popular Programs
5. Navigating with Dragon
Opening and closing apps2m 3s
6. Controlling the Mouse and Keyboard with Dragon
7. Improving Dragon's Accuracy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.