Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Spelling text and words, part of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- There are going to be times when you're dictating…with Dragon NaturallySpeaking and the word…you're trying to say simply will not appear onscreen,…and that's probably because it's not part…of the Dragon vocabulary,…although it is a very huge vocabulary.…So we have some options.…We can spell out words, things like proper names…and acronyms, things that may not appear…in the Dragon vocabulary.…We can even add things to the vocabulary…so we don't have to spell them out going forward.…We're gonna take a look at some of these options now,…and I'm still working with the document we started…at the beginning of this chapter, Notes0205…if you wanna have what I have…and you've skipped to this movie.…
Really, you can have a blank page in front of you.…We're gonna test this out by dictating…a simple sentence and then fixing it up…by spelling the word correctly.…Here we go.…New paragraph.…I work for lynda.com,…registered sign, period.…Okay, I'm clicking the microphone icon…to turn it off so that I can talk about…what just happened, which is Lynda.com came out…
Viewers also learn how to control the Windows desktop, open and close apps, and work with popular software like Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsers.
- Creating a Dragon profile
- Dictating basic text
- Correcting errors and actions
- Dictating numbers
- Formatting text
- Making revisions
- Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with other programs
- Controlling the mouse and keyboard with Dragon
- Improving Dragon's accuracy
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Dragon
2. Using Dragon to Dictate Text
3. Using Dragon to Work with Text
4. Using Dragon with Popular Programs
5. Navigating with Dragon
Opening and closing apps2m 3s
6. Controlling the Mouse and Keyboard with Dragon
7. Improving Dragon's Accuracy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.