Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting and formatting text, part of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In previous versions of Dragon NaturallySpeaking,…formatting text was a two-step process.…So you would first need to select the text…you wanted to format, and then give the formatting command.…Well now you can do it all in one.…And we're gonna take a look first at a little review…of some selection techniques.…So we're going to use a document…that I've provided for you, ProductInfo0301.…You'll find it in the chapter three folder…of your exercise files.…It's a rich text formatted document,…which means we can open it up in programs like WordPad.…
You could open it up in Microsoft Word if you wanted to,…where these commands will also work.…And we will be working with Microsoft Word…a little bit later on.…But for now we'll continue here in WordPad.…Doesn't matter where your cursor's flashing.…Let's use some selection techniques.…I'm gonna turn on the microphone.…Select paragraph.…Select demand.…Choose one.…Select line.…Select United States to inbox.…
Go to beginning.…Select all.…Go to end.…Select these units to products.…
Viewers also learn how to control the Windows desktop, open and close apps, and work with popular software like Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsers.
- Creating a Dragon profile
- Dictating basic text
- Correcting errors and actions
- Dictating numbers
- Formatting text
- Making revisions
- Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with other programs
- Controlling the mouse and keyboard with Dragon
- Improving Dragon's accuracy
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Dragon
2. Using Dragon to Dictate Text
3. Using Dragon to Work with Text
4. Using Dragon with Popular Programs
5. Navigating with Dragon
Opening and closing apps2m 3s
6. Controlling the Mouse and Keyboard with Dragon
7. Improving Dragon's Accuracy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.