Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving accuracy using imported documents, part of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- One of my favorite ways to improve Dragon accuracy…is to use work that I've already completed in the past.…That's right, we can use documents we've created…in the past to update our Dragon accuracy now.…All it means is selecting the document or documents…and using those to update our vocabularly,…even our writing style, here's how we do it.…We'll go back to the Dragon bar,…and it doesn't matter what's open on your screen.…We're going right to Help and selecting Improve My Accuracy.…Again, this opens up the Accuracy Center.…
We've already done this in the past.…We've added new words or phrases on the fly,…even opened up our Vocabulary Editor in a previous movie.…But we can import a list of words and phrases…if we have such a document.…You could work on a document and import it,…but even better is to use documents that already exist,…documents you've created.…We can learn from them by clicking…Learn from Specific Documents.…Launches a wizard that's gonna find unknown words…in that document, add them to your Editor,…
Viewers also learn how to control the Windows desktop, open and close apps, and work with popular software like Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsers.
- Creating a Dragon profile
- Dictating basic text
- Correcting errors and actions
- Dictating numbers
- Formatting text
- Making revisions
- Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with other programs
- Controlling the mouse and keyboard with Dragon
- Improving Dragon's accuracy
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Dragon
2. Using Dragon to Dictate Text
3. Using Dragon to Work with Text
4. Using Dragon with Popular Programs
5. Navigating with Dragon
Opening and closing apps2m 3s
6. Controlling the Mouse and Keyboard with Dragon
7. Improving Dragon's Accuracy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.