Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Common dictation commands, part of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Well, let's do some more dictation and go through…some of the most common commands you'll use.…Spend some time using these commands,…and before long they'll become second nature,…and you won't even need to think about them.…I'm gonna continue working…with the document we started a couple of movies ago,…and if you need to get caught up,…open up Notes0203, you'll find it in…the Chapter2 folder of your Exercise Files.…And you can see, my cursor's flashing…over here at the end.…Now I'm gonna go through a series of commands in dictation,…and we'll review what I did at the end.…
For now, I'm going to turn on my microphone.…Here we go.…"Go to beginning.…"Go to end.…"Go to beginning of line.…"Go to end of line.…"Select line.…"Delete.…"Select paragraph.…"Delete.…"Select all.…"Delete.…"Welcome to my first document…"created using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, period.…
"I am currently working in Microsoft, copyright, sign,…"WordPad,…"not, comma, cap Word, period.…"New paragraph.…"Dictating text without the keyboard…"is very exciting, question mark.…
Viewers also learn how to control the Windows desktop, open and close apps, and work with popular software like Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsers.
- Creating a Dragon profile
- Dictating basic text
- Correcting errors and actions
- Dictating numbers
- Formatting text
- Making revisions
- Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with other programs
- Controlling the mouse and keyboard with Dragon
- Improving Dragon's accuracy
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Dragon
2. Using Dragon to Dictate Text
3. Using Dragon to Work with Text
4. Using Dragon with Popular Programs
5. Navigating with Dragon
Opening and closing apps2m 3s
6. Controlling the Mouse and Keyboard with Dragon
7. Improving Dragon's Accuracy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.