Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic commands in Word, part of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- It's time now to start working…with Dragon NaturallySpeaking…and some of the most popular programs around…such as Microsoft Word.…You can see I've opened up a document, ProductInfo0401,…it's in the Chapter 4 folder of your exercise files.…This is a Word document…and we're in Microsoft Word 2013.…Now as you might expect,…when giving out commands here in Microsoft Word,…all you need to do is think logically,…how you would say it…if you were going to do it by speaking instead of clicking.…Most often, Dragon is going to respond,…if it doesn't, you simply say…"undo that" and try something else.…
We're going to experiment with some of the more…common Word commands in this movie.…Then we'll get into working with text in the next movie.…I'm going to turn on the microphone,…go through a series of commands…and then we'll review them at the end.…Create new file,…close file,…click Don't Save,…open file,…press escape,…save changes,…save file as,…click Cancel,…print document,…click Cancel,…print page,…click Cancel,…unselect that,…select from our new mini panels to click file,…
Viewers also learn how to control the Windows desktop, open and close apps, and work with popular software like Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsers.
- Creating a Dragon profile
- Dictating basic text
- Correcting errors and actions
- Dictating numbers
- Formatting text
- Making revisions
- Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with other programs
- Controlling the mouse and keyboard with Dragon
- Improving Dragon's accuracy
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Dragon
2. Using Dragon to Dictate Text
3. Using Dragon to Work with Text
4. Using Dragon with Popular Programs
5. Navigating with Dragon
Opening and closing apps2m 3s
6. Controlling the Mouse and Keyboard with Dragon
7. Improving Dragon's Accuracy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.