Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Autoformatting, part of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- You may have noticed while dictating here in Dragon…that certain things are formatted by default for you,…the way Dragon thinks they should be formatted.…For example, when you say numbers over a certain value,…they may be formatted differently than lower numbers.…When you add a period and start a new sentence,…maybe you're not getting enough spaces.…These are things that can be adjusted using auto-formatting,…which we're going to explore in this movie,…as we continue with our product info document here,…and if you skip to this movie and need to get caught up,…just open up ProductInfo0303.…
We're down here at the end of the last paragraph.…We're gonna try out a couple of things,…see how they get formatted, and then make some adjustments.…So I'm turning on my mic, and I'm ready to dictate.…"New paragraph."…"To date we have sold over one million units, period."…"We expect sale to double in the next two years, period."…OK I'm turning off the microphone,…just a couple of sentences here,…but as you can see, "sold over one million units,"…
Viewers also learn how to control the Windows desktop, open and close apps, and work with popular software like Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsers.
- Creating a Dragon profile
- Dictating basic text
- Correcting errors and actions
- Dictating numbers
- Formatting text
- Making revisions
- Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with other programs
- Controlling the mouse and keyboard with Dragon
- Improving Dragon's accuracy
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Dragon
2. Using Dragon to Dictate Text
3. Using Dragon to Work with Text
4. Using Dragon with Popular Programs
5. Navigating with Dragon
Opening and closing apps2m 3s
6. Controlling the Mouse and Keyboard with Dragon
7. Improving Dragon's Accuracy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.