Join Arthur Ulfeldt for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Docker: The Basics.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] I have the exercise files for this course open on my desktop here. This one, reformat.sh, is a little Shell script that sets an environment variable to make the output of some of the docker commands fit more nicely on my screen. If you want your output to exactly match mine, you can run this as well. Otherwise, you're free to ignore it. You run this by typing source and then clicking and dragging to place the path to that file into the Terminal, then press enter.
After that, the format variable will be set to this string. The other files are the code samples from the chapter on docker files in case you don't want to type them in off your screen.
- Installing Docker on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Understanding the Docker flow
- Running processes in containers
- Managing, networking, and linking containers
- Working with Docker images, volumes, and registries
- Building Dockerfiles
- Managing networking and namespaces with Docker
- Building entire systems with Docker