Leverage the power of Docker as a developer. Learn how to use the platform with front-end, back-end, and full-stack projects, as well as how to approach CI/CD with Docker.
- [Emmanuel] Docker has become a standard tool for DevOps as it is an effective application to improve operational efficiencies. But it's not always obvious to developers how Docker can be used for application development. If you've been wondering about this very question, you've come to the right place. In this course, we'll explore several use cases where and how developers leverage the power of Docker and its tools to maximize your time spent coding versus setting up DevOps. Hi, I'm Emmanuel Henri and I use Docker for nearly all of my programming activities. And it's my pleasure to help you discover how it can be beneficial to you. First, we'll go through the initial setup and an overview of Docker's basics that you need as a developer. Then we'll explore how you can use Docker when developing front-end, back-end or full stack projects. Next, we'll implement a continuous integration approach to Docker and development. And finally, we'll review how you can manage multiple services with compose and also provide a brief overview of swarms and Kubernetes. So if you're read to take a plunge with Docker, fire up with your favorite editor and let's get started.
- Docker use cases for developers
- Deploying your first Docker app
- Using base commands
- Setting up back-end and front-end architecture
- Integrating Docker with CI/CD
- Working with swarms and Kubernetes