Join Arthur Ulfeldt for an in-depth discussion in this video Install Docker on Windows, part of Learning Docker.
- [Instructor] To install Docker for Windows,…I'm gonna head on over to docker.com/docker-windows…and click Download from Docker Store.…If you're not already logged in,…log in and then click Get Docker.…Okay, wait for it to download.…Okay, click on the downloaded file.…Don't check this second box here…where it says to use Windows containers…rather than Linux containers.…
This course focuses on Linux containers…even when we're using Docker for Windows.…At this point, I have to log out of Windows…and log back in to finish the installation.…Okay, now that I've logged out and back in again,…it's asking if I want to enable Hyper-V,…which of course, yes I do.…Go ahead and click that which may reboot your computer.…Okay, now that I finished rebooting my machine,…Docker has started up on its own, got it running here,…and if you ever wanna check if it's running,…you can click down here and click on the whale,…and it'll say, Docker is running.…
And if you run into problems with Docker stalling…or appearing to be nonresponsive,…
- Installing Docker on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Understanding the Docker flow
- Running processes in containers
- Managing, networking, and linking containers
- Working with Docker images, volumes, and registries
- Building Dockerfiles
- Managing networking and namespaces with Docker
- Building entire systems with Docker
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Beginner
Docker Essential Training: 2 Orchestrationwith David Davis1h 4m Intermediate
What is Docker?2m 51s
1. Installing Docker
2. Using Docker
3. Building Docker Images
4. Under the Hood
5. Orchestration: Building Systems with Docker
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.