Join Arthur Ulfeldt for an in-depth discussion in this video Install Docker on Linux, part of Learning Docker.
- [Instructor] Installing Docker on Linux…is much more straightforward than other platforms.…Since it's just another program on Linux,…you can go ahead and just install it like any other program.…I'm running Ubuntu,…so I'm going to search for installing Docker on Ubuntu,…and head on over to the official Docker installation guide…for Docker Ubuntu.…If you're running Red Hat or one of the other distributions,…the process will be very similar,…but you'll land on a different page.…OK, the first thing I'm going to do is check…that I meet the requirements.…
Most modern Linux systems will.…If you have previously installed versions of Docker…that aren't called docker-ce,…go ahead and remove all those previous versions.…Trust me, Docker CE is much more modern…and going to work better for you.…OK, the first thing we're going to do…is make sure our system has its dependencies…generally up to date.…I'm going to Copy, switch over to a Terminal,…and Paste it in.…
Now that I've got that, we're going to go ahead…and install the dependencies that need to be in place…
- Installing Docker on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Understanding the Docker flow
- Running processes in containers
- Managing, networking, and linking containers
- Working with Docker images, volumes, and registries
- Building Dockerfiles
- Managing networking and namespaces with Docker
- Building entire systems with Docker
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Beginner
Docker Essential Training: 2 Orchestrationwith David Davis1h 4m Intermediate
What is Docker?2m 51s
1. Installing Docker
2. Using Docker
3. Building Docker Images
4. Under the Hood
5. Orchestration: Building Systems with Docker
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.