In this video, learn what the Docker Certified Associate (DCA) certification is, where to download the exam blueprint, and what domain of the blueprint this course covers.
- [Instructor] This course was created based on the Docker Certified Associate, or DCA, exam blueprint, specifically, Domain 4, which covers Networking. The goal of this course is to help you to prepare for the Docker Certified Associate, or DCA, exam. Domain 4 covers 15% of the exam. Let's go over to the Docker website and check out where to find the exam blueprint and how to find more information on the DCA exam. If you enter "Docker" and "DCA" into your favorite search engine, it's very likely the very first result will be this webpage here, which is the Docker Success Center, covering Docker certification.
Here, it covers the benefits of the DCA exam, as well as the exam details. It tells us that the exam has 55 multiple choice questions that you have to complete in 90 minutes or less. They recommend six to 12 months of Docker experience. And this is actually a remotely proctored exam that you can take on a Windows or Mac computer from the comfort of your own home or office. It does have an associated cost, which you can see there on the screen, and if you wanna learn exactly what you need to know in order to prepare for the exam, if we scroll down here, there is what they call the study guide.
If we open that study guide, I'll zoom in a little bit here, so you can see it in greater detail, the Docker Certified Associate study guide, which I typically call the exam blueprint because it provides us everything we need to know about the exam. And I know I'm going pretty fast here. But I'm scrolling down to the breakdown of the different domains that make up the exam. For example, 25% is based on Orchestration, 20% Image Creation, Management, and Registry, 15% Installation and Configuration, and then 15% Networking, which is what this course is based on, 15% Security and 10% Storage and Volumes.
If we scroll on down here to Domain 4 specifically, take a look at the bulleted outline right there. I'm not going to read these off. You can check these out for yourself over in the Docker Certified Associate study guide, also known as the exam blueprint. But these are the bullet points that we'll be covering in this video training course. I'm going to cover every one of these to help you to be as prepared as possible for Domain 4 of the DCA exam.
Of course, I have other video training courses that cover all of the other domains in the exam blueprint. Once you finish this course, I hope that you'll check those courses out as well.
- Configuring Docker networking
- Types of container networks
- Creating a bridge and overlay network
- Configuring DNS, load balancing, and host networking
- Troubleshooting Docker networking
- Identifying external network ports
- Using Docker logs to analyze networking issues