- [Instructor] In production environments, … it's especially important … to ensure that you have data protection … for your Docker infrastructure. … Backing up Docker involves a backup of four critical pieces. … First off, the Docker swarm cluster, … which I'll show you how to backup in just a moment. … From there you need to backup the universal control plane, … which I'll also show you how to do. … After that, the Docker-trusted registry, … if you're using DTR, and it has a number of different pieces … that need to be protected. … And finally, the container volume data, … wherever you store that data. … To backup the Docker swarm cluster, … you need to go to one of the managers, … stop the Docker service with systemctl stop docker, … CD into var/lib/docker, … copy or archive off the swarm directory, … and then finally, do a systemctl start docker … to restart the Docker services. … Let's go through it at the command line. … We're here on a Docker swarm manager node, … and I'm just going to stop Docker …
- Docker Certified Associate prep
- Docker editions and platforms
- Docker namespaces
- Installing Docker
- Configuring repositories and Docker swarm
- Creating users and teams
- Backing up Docker
- Troubleshooting Docker errors
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Install Docker
2. Installing Docker
3. Configuring Docker
4. Troubleshooting Docker Install and Config
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.