It's time to up your security even more. In this video, learn how to go further and implement zero-knowledge data storage, where data is fully encrypted in storage on the Django server which can only be decrypted on the client side.
- [Narrator] Before we get into the code. … Remember that encryption and cryptography … and security are tough subjects … to be an expert at. … For example, … spider Oak uses multiple sets … of encryption algorithms for their zero knowledge storage, … while we are only using one algorithm. … If you are asked to use the code, … we write here in a production setting, … hire a cybersecurity expert to audit the code. … So, here we have a new model for users … to be able to store a travel journal and descriptions … of their trip. … This is data that should always be kept private, … but that is convenient for us to hold … onto for the user. … We are acting as data custodians. … (mouse clicking) … We're going to create a custom permission, called … only creator permission. … It is a subclass … of Django rest frameworks based permission, … and, we are overriding the has permission method. … (keyboard keys clicking) … And we want to allow only post or get methods … on this data. … The has object permission, is what we use to check …
Skill Level Advanced
Building a Paid Membership Site with Djangowith Nick Walter1h 15m Intermediate
OWASP Top 10: #7 XSS and #8 Insecure Deserializationwith Caroline Wong26m 31s Intermediate
Building RESTful Web APIs with Djangowith Rudolf Olah1h 9m Intermediate
1. Permissions, Access Controls, Activity Logs
2. Throttling a Flood of Requests
3. Protecting Data and Data Privacy
4. 2FA: Two-Factor Authentication
5. CSRF: Cross-Site Request Forgery Protection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.