Learn how to retrieve information from the database and interact with it.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we saw how to create an administration site for your models.…This is the sixth video,…Working with QuerySets and Managers.…In this video, we'll first see how to create, update,…retrieve, and delete objects.…We'll then see how to create model managers.…Now that you have a fully functional administration site…to manage your blog's content, it's time to learn how to…retrieve information from the database and interact with it.…Django comes with a powerful database extraction API…that lets you create, retrieve,…update, and delete objects easily.…
The Django object-relational mapper, ORM,…is compatible with MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and Oracle.…Remember that you can define the database of your project…by editing the database's setting…in the settings.py file of your project.…Django can work with multiple databases at a time,…and you can even program database routers…that handle the data in any way you like.…Once you've created your data models,…Django gives you a free API to interact with them.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Building a blog application
- Creating an administration site for your models
- Creating templates for your views
- Using class-based views
- Enhancing your blog with advanced features
- Creating and handling forms
- Adding tagging functionality
- Extending your blog application
- Creating custom template tags and filters