In this video, learn about the benefits that unit testing provides.
- [Instructor] Unit testing and testing inside of Django.…In this section, we'll be learning about why testing…is important, how Django handles testing,…how to test models, how to test views,…and how to test your entire application…or project together at once.…Why testing is important.…In this video specifically,…we'll be learning about what testing is,…how unit testing can help your project,…and common excuses or complaints against writing unit tests.…
So what is testing?…According to Wikipedia,…unit testing is a software testing method…by which individual units of source code,…sets of one or more computer program modules…together with associated control data,…usage procedures, and operating procedures,…are tested to determine whether or not they are fit for use.…To summarize the Wikipedia article,…unit testing is essentially writing very simple code…that runs code you've already written.…In the case on this slide,…we have one function called add underscore one…that's being tested by the test class, VerySimpleTest.…
- Extending class-based views
- Building a REST API
- Working with GraphQL
- Building a basic schema
- Optimizing your environment
- Working with Pipenv
- How Django handles testing
- Securing the Django admin
Skill Level Advanced
1. Advanced Class-Based Views
2. Building a REST API
Authentication with DRF6m 14s
3. GraphQL: An Alternative API
4. Optimizing Your Environment
5. Tests, Tests, Tests
6. Securing Django
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.