Join Caleb Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Up and Running with Python and Django.
- For this course, you'll want to be familiar with some programming concepts, and be comfortable with using a text editor. In this course, I'll be using Sublime Text, but any text editor or IDE that you're familiar with will work fine. You'll also need to be comfortable with the basics of programming in Python, such as using loops and variables, defining classes and functions, and using lists and dictionaries. If you're new to these ideas, you might wanna look at Up and Running with Python, with Joe Marini, to get started with these foundational skills, before resuming this course.
Some skills that are helpful but not required for the course are being familiar with the Terminal, and any knowledge of HTML and related web concepts.
- Creating a new Django project
- Defining Django models and fields
- Querying data with the Django ORM
- Building views and templates