Learn how to leverage the features of Django—a powerful Python web framework—by building a social website.
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome to this Packt course. Django - Building a Social Website. Django is a powerful Python web framework that can help you develop web applications quickly. From simple prototypes to large scale projects, Django helps you adopt a clean, pragmatic design, and will give you a comprehensive set of tools to build scalable web applications. Social media enables you to share media with a mass of people at once. This project will help you in building a social website, sharing content and tracking users. May name is Mark Thomas and I'm your presenter for this course.
Our technical is Antonio Mele. He holds an MSc in computer science. He's been developing Django projects since 2006 and leads the django.es Spanish Django community. He has founded Zenx IT, a technology company that creates web applications for clients of several industries. Antonio has worked as a CTO for several technology start-ups. His father inspired his passion for computers and programming. You'll start with creating functionality for users to log in, log out, edit, and reset their password.
You'll learn how to optimize query sets and you'll work with signals. You'd integrate Redis into your project to count image views. Packt courses are very carefully designed to make sure that they're delivering the best learning experience possible. Not to worry though, I won't bore you with the details of educational concepts like Bloom's Taxonomy. The simplest way to think about our content is these three super simple steps. Step one is all about communicating key concepts clearly and effectively. We do this with a mixture of hands on practical coverage and visual demonstrations about what's going on under the hood.
This is the foundational knowledge that you'll draw from throughout this entire course. Step two is where we dive into worked examples. With a core understanding of key principles under our belt, we can actually put them to work in the real world. Our peer reviewed sample applications help you follow along with your instructors. Every single one has been fully tested by an independent team of technical experts so that you can be sure you won't be left scratching your head. Step three is where I'll challenge you to build upon and extend our example projects. I fully recommend committing to breaking and tinkering with the example applications.
It'll help bring all of your learning together, whilst also allowing you to potentially extend our initial repositories into new technical demos or portfolio pieces. Together, these three key stages form the top level basis of your learning experience. Before we dive right in, it's worth baring in mind that you'll get the most value out of this course by pacing yourself appropriately. In particular setting aside the time to work through questions and examples. Everything we include has a purpose, and will help you build the skills that you need to stay relevant in the real world.
I hope you enjoy this and any other courses you might purchase from Packt. And with the basics out of the way we can jump right in and get started with our first section.
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Building a social website
- Sharing content in your website
- Creating an image bookmarking website
- Adding Ajax actions with jQuery
- Tracking user actions
- Using Redis to store item views