Class-based views can be made much more modular with mixins.
- [Instructor] Using Mixins.…In the last video, we learned a little bit…about generic class-based views.…We built three of our own using the generic ListView,…DetailView and DeleteView.…We also learned how to customize generic class-based views…using our own data and models.…And lastly, we looked at the pros and cons of…function-based views versus class-based views.…In this video, we're going to look…at why we should start using Mixins.…We're going to try to understand how class-based…views resolve their methods using method resolution order.…
We're going to try to understand how to best…override methods in class-based views using Mixins.…And we're going to start building our…own class-based view Mixins.…So why should we use Mixins?…Well, first and foremost it gives us…a more modular functionality.…Whenever you start building larger code bases,…you're eventually going to have the same functionalities…spread over multiple use.…Instead of having to rewrite the functionality every time,…it's much easier just to outsource this…
- Extending class-based views
- Building a REST API
- Working with GraphQL
- Building a basic schema
- Optimizing your environment
- Working with Pipenv
- How Django handles testing
- Securing the Django admin
Skill Level Advanced
1. Advanced Class-Based Views
2. Building a REST API
Authentication with DRF6m 14s
3. GraphQL: An Alternative API
4. Optimizing Your Environment
5. Tests, Tests, Tests
6. Securing Django
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.