Join Caleb Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Up and Running with Python and Django.
- If you have access to the Exercise Files, you can follow along using the exact same files that I'm using on-screen. I've put the Exercise Files on the desktop so that they're easy to access. The Exercise Files are organized by chapter, let's open one of the chapters. Each chapter folder is broken down into subfolders for each video in the chapter. The start folder matches what I have on-screen at the beginning of each video, so if you'd like to follow along, look at the files in the start folder. The finished folder matches what I have on-screen at the end of each video.
So, if you'd like to compare what you've done with what I've done, you can take a look at those files.
- Creating a new Django project
- Defining Django models and fields
- Querying data with the Django ORM
- Building views and templates