Join Caleb Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Resources and next steps, part of Learning Python and Django (2015).
- I hope you've enjoyed…Up and Running with Python and Django.…I'd like to take a moment to discuss possible…next steps and to introduce you to some resources.…First, I'd like to invite you to expand…the example project a bit…by adding some features or adapting the project…to serve a different purpose.…For instance, you might track an inventory of items…in a small lending library instead of a store,…for which you would want to add a field…for the person that last used an item.…Also you might add a view and corresponding template…to show items that are out of stock.…
Another next step is to consider…finding additional resources.…One great community resource is at djangogirls.org.…Also a great resource is djangoproject.com.…Djangoproject.com has excellent documentation…that's very helpful to read and explore.…On djangoproject.com, check out the community section.…The community page shows many resources…such as mailing lists, blog posts, RSS feeds,…the IRC channel, and many more.…In addition to any Django resources,…
- Creating a new Django project
- Defining Django models and fields
- Querying data with the Django ORM
- Building views and templates
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: pip says it was installed correctly, and I've updated the PATH variable as shown, but the pip --version command isn't working. Why?
A: Depending on your computer's setup, you'll need to restart your terminal/command prompt before the additions you've made to the PATH variable are respected. With some setups, even that won't be enough, and you may need to restart the entire machine before you are able to use the pip command directly.