This video introduces Pipenv and the solutions it brings.
- [Speaker] Hello,…and welcome back to mastering Django web development…by Packt Publishing.…In this section,…we're going to learn all about optimizing…your development environment.…We're also going to look at Pipenv…and learn how it replaces PIP…and Virtualenv or Pyenv.…We're also going to learn how to separate…your settings file in to multiple files,…as well as how to set up a custom .env file.…In this video,…we're going to be introduced…to a new Python tool called Pipenv,…or "Pip-env."…And we can look at how it replaces PIP…and the virtualenv and pyenv.…
We're going to learn all about Pipfiles and lock files,…and we're going to also learn the basic commands for Pipenv,…and by the end of the video,…we're going to convert our entire project…to a Pipenv project.…So you might be asking yourself,…"what exactly is Pipenv?"…Well,…Pipenv was written by Kenneth Reitz,…one of the Python software foundation's board members.…It is now the officially recommended…packaging tool for Python,…and it attempts to fix some of the poor…
- Extending class-based views
- Building a REST API
- Working with GraphQL
- Building a basic schema
- Optimizing your environment
- Working with Pipenv
- How Django handles testing
- Securing the Django admin
Skill Level Advanced
1. Advanced Class-Based Views
2. Building a REST API
Authentication with DRF6m 14s
3. GraphQL: An Alternative API
4. Optimizing Your Environment
5. Tests, Tests, Tests
6. Securing Django
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.