Class-based views can become confusing when inheritance is involved. The sites discussed in this video can help with that.
- [Instructor] Hello, everyone,…and welcome back to the final video of this section,…Getting Help with Class-Based Views.…This video's only to cover one topic,…getting the best sources of documentation…for class-based views.…First and foremost, if you have any questions…or concerns about how to use class-based views,…you should check out Django's documentation.…You can find it at djangoproject.com,…and just search for class-based views.…Nearly any question you have about class-based views…can be solved here.…
Anything from building them,…what all views are available,…and what kinds of mixins you can use,…can be found inside of Django's documentation.…It's extremely well kept up…and is updated for every version release.…Secondly, and probably the most helpful for myself,…is ccbv.co.uk.…It means Classy Class-Based Views.…CCBV is one of the most commonly known sources…for help whenever it comes to Django's class-based views.…
And the reason's pretty obvious.…It lists out all the different views and mixins…that are available for Django's class-based views.…
- Extending class-based views
- Building a REST API
- Working with GraphQL
- Building a basic schema
- Optimizing your environment
- Working with Pipenv
- How Django handles testing
- Securing the Django admin
Skill Level Advanced
1. Advanced Class-Based Views
2. Building a REST API
Authentication with DRF6m 14s
3. GraphQL: An Alternative API
4. Optimizing Your Environment
5. Tests, Tests, Tests
6. Securing Django
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.