Using function-based views can quickly cause messy code. Class-based views can help solve this.
- [Instructor] Hello, and welcome back…to Advanced Class Based Views…from Mastering Django Web Development by Packt Publishing.…In this section, we're going to be…taking a look at extending class based views…from the generic objects that Django provides.…How to use mixins to add extended functionality…to your views using custom class based views…that you will build out of the generic view object.…How to create a switchboard view…that will stitch together the functionality…of multiple different views into one class.…And where you can get help with class based views…when you inevitably run into issues.…
Video one will be Extending Class Based Views.…In this video, we'll be looking at…how to extend the generic ListView, DetailView,…and DeleteView that Django provides.…How to make them work with your custom objects.…Let's look at some code now.…In this code example that I'll be using today,…I've just taken the Django project's polls tutorial…and modified it slightly to add a Delete method.…I've also removed the voting method,…
- Extending class-based views
- Building a REST API
- Working with GraphQL
- Building a basic schema
- Optimizing your environment
- Working with Pipenv
- How Django handles testing
- Securing the Django admin
Skill Level Advanced
1. Advanced Class-Based Views
2. Building a REST API
Authentication with DRF6m 14s
3. GraphQL: An Alternative API
4. Optimizing Your Environment
5. Tests, Tests, Tests
6. Securing Django
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.