Learn how to create a PUT HTTP method URL route by exploring the URL configuration and UpdateAPIView subclass.
- [Instructor] We refactored the destroy API view … and now we have to update the URL configuration … to reflect the refactoring. … In our URL patterns configuration, … we are going to remove the destroy API view … and replace it with the retrieve update destroy API view. … First we replace the view … and we update the URL and that's it. … Now let's see how this looks in the browser. … Go to one product and retrieve its data. … As you can see, we have retrieve, update, and destroy. … Let's try changing the name. … So we renamed the product … and we can also change the price. … And now let's delete this product. … As you can see, we use Django REST framework's … built in views, to make implementing … common REST API operations very quick and easy to do. … …
- Creating a serializer
- Working with API views
- Filtering back ends
- Enabling pagination
- Executing CRUD operations
- Managing serializer fields
- Testing API views
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Django Apps: Make Your Site Go Livewith Nick Walter2h 43m Intermediate
Demo project overview1m 19s
1. Serializing, Listing, Filtering, and Paginating Models
2. Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete (CRUD) Operations for Models
3. Managing Serializer Fields, Relations, and Validation
4. Testing API Views
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.