Learn about importing a model into Dimension and manipulating it in space.
- [Narrator] Here's the blank screen that you see in dimension when you make a new project. Let's begin by adding a model. So we'll go and select our models tab and we're going to add this gift bag. We just pick it up and drop it into place. Now that it's there we can move it around. And we simply click on it and drag to move it. It's clearly too big for the scene so let's make it smaller. We'll go to the scale control and we can drag the center triangle to scale it proportionately.
To move it we'll need to go back onto the select and move tool. As we're seeing we can drag the object and move it around or we can also use any of the three axes. If we drag it on the x-axis it only moves in that direction. Here's the z-axis and we can move it up and down on the y-axis. When we do that it can be hard to get it back on the ground again. And here's what happens when it goes below the ground.
To position any object absolutely we can always go into our properties and just type in the position that we want it in. So let's type in zero on the y-axis. When we hit enter it applies that value and places it down on the ground. If we wish we can also go onto the select and rotate tool and now we can spin it around. And by grabbing just the y-rotation it's rotating around that axis.
Let's bring it forward in the scene and make it a little larger. And now we can see the whole bag in view. Next we'll go ahead and see how we can add a logo to this bag.
- Building a scene
- Adding a primitive object and changing its proportions
- Adjusting lighting and reflection
- Adding a translucent texture to a liquid object
- Importing a custom model and sizing it
- Adjusting the field of view
- Using keyboard shortcuts to improve your workflow
- Using the Magic Wand tool