- Building a scene
- Adding a primitive object and changing its proportions
- Adjusting lighting and reflection
- Adding a translucent texture to a liquid object
- Importing a custom model and sizing it
- Adjusting the field of view
- Using keyboard shortcuts to improve your workflow
- Using the Magic Wand tool
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Adobe Dimension allows you to import 3D models, move them around, scale them and rotate them. You can apply custom logos to your models and add textures to them. When you import a background, Dimension automatically calculates the perspective of the background and adjusts the viewpoint and lighting of your models to match. You can add multiple models to the scene, arrange them, and then render the scene to create finished artwork.
In this course, you'll learn how to customize a basic object to the dimensions you want, apply your own artwork to it, and then add a reflection before rendering it and modifying the artwork in Photoshop. In chapter three, we'll look at combining multiple objects into a scene and applying textures to make the scene come alive. Then we'll see how to adjust the lighting to match the sunlight on the background and we'll also see how to take the rendered artwork into Photoshop to select individual components and add even more sparkle to it.
We'll look at the best way to adjust the field of view so that the perspective of your model matches that of the scene in which it's placed. In the advanced techniques chapter, we'll see how you can switch views, change environment maps to create better reflections and use the Magic Wand to select and modify individual sections of a single model. We'll also look at how you can adjust the depth of field to add a realistic out-of-focus effect for close-up work. Adobe Dimension is a powerful, yet easy-to-use program that lets you create stunning artwork with no prior knowledge of 3D modeling and with none of the headaches of nurbs and B-splines that plague conventional modeling applications.
If you have an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, then Adobe Dimension is included as part of your subscription. So download it today and see what it can do for you.