The Surface Dial is an optional device that can be purchased separately, but also comes bundled with the Surface Studio. In this video, we get the Dial set up and explore how to operate and customize the controls.
- In this movie, I want to talk about the Surface Dial.…This is an optional peripheral device.…It comes with the Surface Studio, the full size desktop…computer version of the Surface,…but if you have the Surface Pro 4 or the Surface book,…you can buy the Surface Dial separately.…At first glance, it's just a knob that you can turn…but clearly there's a lot more to it than that.…So let's get it set up and then we can see…what we can do with it.…The Surface Dial is a bluetooth device,…so I need to get it paired.…To do that I'll go into settings.…So I'm going to go into settings, then to devices,…then to bluetooth.…
Now the computer's searching for new bluetooth devices,…and I'll need to put the dial into the pairing mode.…Then it will show up on this list.…So to do that I just need to turn the dial over,…and then I need to take that bottom cover off.…This is magnetic, so you just need to pull it apart…and it will separate.…This is also how you can change the batteries.…The dial uses two AAA batteries.…But the pairing button is here as well.…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.