Find out what you should know before watching this course. Barron keeps the math simple so you will only need to know basic arithmetic and algebra to follow along. You do not need any prior knowledge of electricity because Barron begins with the fundamentals concepts.
- If you don't know anything about electricity, fear not. This course is for everyone and I'll be teaching electrical concepts, from the ground up. Even if you have some background knowledge of electronics, you might still find this course helpful, by giving you another way to think about and understand electricity. I found that it's easy to get overwhelmed with the math and theory when learning about electronics, which steals focus from understanding the core concepts. So, for this course, I've kept the math to a bare minimum. If you can add, subtract, multiply, and divide, you're ready to start learning.
- Comparing conductors and insulators
- Relating electric current to flowing water
- Exploring Ohm's law
- Measuring DC voltage
- Measuring direct current
- Calculating the power consumption of your circuits
- Choosing the right batteries to power your circuits