Bluej is quite a unique ide for programming in Java. There is an option in Bluej that I have not seen in any other IDE, this is the code pad. You can enable the code by using the view menu and clicking on code pad. The BlueJ code pad shows up in the bottom right corner of the screen. This area allows quick and easy evaluation of arbitrary snippets of Java code (expressions and statements). This can be very helpful to beginning programmers. You can type in a code snippet and it will execute without needing all the other parts of a normal program.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- As you can tell, BlueJ is quite a unique IDE for…programming in Java.…There is an BlueJ that I have not seen in any other IDE.…It's called the code pad.…I'd like to show you hot it works.…So, let's create a new project, Project, New Project.…I created a folder called BlueJ on my C drive in my…documents folder.…I'm gonna add a file name, and I'm gonna call it codepad…and click Create.…I'm gonna maximize the screen.…By default, the code pad window might be deselected.…
If we go to View, it looks like for me Show Code Pad…is selected.…If I deselect it, you'll notice that it went away in…the bottom right hand corner.…I can enable it again by toggling the Show Code Pad…on again.…The BlueJ code pad shows up in the bottom right corner…of the screen.…This area allows quick and easy evaluation of arbitrary…snippets of Java code, both expressions and statements.…I'm gonna rearrange my windows a little bit to make…the code pad bigger.…There we go.…
This area can be very helpful to both beginning and…advanced programmers.…You can type in a code snippet, and it will execute without…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.