After you have been programming in Java using any IDE, you find that you frequently need to type out certain statements, such as System.out.println(). Lucky for us, jDeveloper has included several built-in shortcuts that can make our coding easier. A complete list of the shortcuts can be found here: Tools, preferences, code editor, code templates. If we scroll down we can see sop expands to system.out.println when you use CTL-Enter.
- JDeveloper is similar to some of the other IDEs…in that it does provide some code completion for you.…For example, one of the common commands…that we type often is system.out.printline.…Well, in JDeveloper, we can type in…s-o-p for system.out.printline.…Now, instead of doing control-space,…in JDeveloper, you do control-enter,…and it will automatically expand that out…to system.out.printline.…To get a list of these commands,…and to be able to add new ones,…we're going to go to tools, preferences.…
In the preferences dialog box,…under code editor, you'll see…a code templates option.…I'm going to scroll this down a little bit…so you can see more.…You can see, here are some of the ones…that are available already.…We can use case to add a switch statement.…If I scroll down, we see do for a do while,…for, and if I go down to the S's,…we can see s-o-p, which changes…to system.out.printline.…Okay, let's click okay, and let's try one more.…Let's see what happens if we use the for code assist.…
For, control-enter.…At this point, JDeveloper has provided some hints…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.