IntelliJ IDEA is considered a keyboard-centric IDE. There are suggested keyboard shortcuts for most of its actions. To find a complete list of shortcuts, go to Help/Key Map Reference. This takes you to a page of shortcuts available for Intellij. Intellij has many built-in short cut commands that can be used to speed your coding.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] The IntelliJ IDE…is considered a keyboard-centric IDE.…There are suggested keyboard shortcuts…for most of its actions.…To find a complete list of shortcuts,…go to Help, and Keymap Reference.…This reference card gives you shortcuts to…a lot of different things you can do within IntelliJ.…I do want to point out the section…on the last column, about halfway down…says Live Templates.…Under the Live Templates, you can…see words like iter, for iteration,…and notice psf, for public static final.…
Well, these are only a few of the ones that are available.…So what do I mean by that?…Let me show you what you can do inside IntelliJ…using these Live Templates.…Let me go back to IntelliJ.…Here, inside my public class HelloWorld,…I've removed the code for the main method.…Now, if I wanted to add the code back again,…I can do this: public, static, void, main.…And if I hit enter, it will automatically…add the main declaration for me.…Pretty nice, huh?…I can also do the same thing when I want…to do a System.out.println.…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.