Well, that was an overview of various IDEs and text editors. We covered a lot information with challenges along the way. I hope you have enjoyed the course, there are many other great videos on Lynda.com to continue adding to your toolbox of programming skills. Specifically you should take a look at the Code Clinic series for Java. That series will give you some insight as to how our authors solve problems with various languages.
- [Voiceover] Well that was an overview…of various IDEs and text editors…that can be used to program in Java.…We covered a lot of information…with challenges along the way.…I hope you've enjoyed the course.…There are many other great videos…on lynda.com to continue adding to your toolbox…of programming skills.…Specifically, you should take a look…at the Code Clinic series for Java.…That series will give you some insight…as to how our authors solve problems…with various languages.…Most importantly, remember to always be a lifelong learner.…
Kept programming and have fun while doing it.…Check back often to see what new and exciting courses…are waiting for you to dive in and explore.…Thanks for your time,…I hope to see you again.…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.