Right below the Intellij icon is the main menu. Several of the options are probably very familiar. It starts with the File menu which is where you usually start. From here we can create new projects, new files, open and close existing projects, import and export projects, save and print. Before moving to the next menu item, lets make one change. I always like to have line numbers enabled when coding in Java. From the File menu, click settings, now Editor/General/Appearance, here we can check show line numbers. This makes it easier when we walk through code examples later.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Here in IntelliJ, I actually have…a project already open called, Hello World.…What I'd like to do though, is go through…the menu options available within IntelliJ.…So, in the top left-hand corner below the icon…for IntelliJ, you'll see the…different options available.…Several of the options are probably…very familiar.…It starts with the file menu.…From the file menu we can create…new projects, open existing projects,…close projects, import and export,…save all, we can even print our programs.…
Before we move to the next menu item though.…I want to make one change.…I always like to have line numbers…enabled when coding in Java.…It's not always easy to find the line…number option, so I want to show it to you now,…since it's in the file menu.…If we go to settings, from here…you want to go to editor.…Under editor, you want to go to general.…And under general, we'll click on appearance.…Notice the fourth option down is show…line numbers, and the default is deselected.…So go ahead and click on show line…numbers, and click okay.…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.