Right below the NetBeans icon is the main menu. Several of the options are probably very familiar. It starts with the File menu which is where you usually start. From here we can create new projects, new files, open and close existing projects, import and export projects, save and print. Next is the Edit menu, View, Navigate, Source, Refactor, etc.
- [Voiceover] Once you have NetBeans installed,…when you launch NetBeans,…it automatically opens up with a start page.…To stop showing this page,…you can deselect the checkbox…in the upper right hand corner.…Before we disregard this page,…I do wanna point out that there are several tabs…on the start page that may be of interest.…For example, the Learn & Discover tab has links…to demos and tutorials that might be helpful.…Let's close the start page…so we can see more of the IDE.…To get comfortable with the IDE,…I'd like to walk through some of the menu options…available in NetBeans.…
So, in the top left hand corner,…below the NetBeans IDE logo,…notice, there's your menu options starting with File.…Several of the options are probably very familiar.…The File option can be used to create new projects,…new files, open and close existing projects,…even import or export projects, save, and print.…Next, is the Edit menu.…The Edit menu contains the normal edit options…of Cut, Copy, Paste, Find, and Replace,…as well as some of my favorites, the Undo and Redo buttons,…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.