To view files stored on your machine, we can use Windows Explorer and MAC Finder. It is also important to know where to find your source code files and any associated data and image files that are required for your project, so let's spend a few minutes to explore the exercise files folder on your desktop. Remember, Java projects are actually file directories that contain all the files included in a project.
- [Voiceover] To view files stored on your machine,…if you're running Windows, we can use Windows Explorer.…If you're running a Mac operating system,…we can use the Mac Finder tool.…But it's important to understand…a little bit about file organization,…and to be comfortable with navigating…these folders and files.…When working with the various IDEs in this course,…it is important to understand…the naming conventions used by each.…The general structure of the project folder and subfolders…will be similar from IDE to IDE,…but sometimes the folder names are slightly different.…
It is also important to know…where to find your source code files,…and any associated data and image files…that are required for your project.…Remember, Java projects are actually file folders,…that contain all the files included in a project.…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.